Getting a US Visa

US Visa Attorneys in St. Charles, MO

Immigration to the United States is facilitated through a wide variety of visas. Our St. Charles visa attorneys helps individuals from all over the globe select the visa that is most suited to their needs and complete the steps required to meet the requirements for that visa’s issuance.

Our Missouri immigration attorneys are skilled, experienced, and reasonably priced, regardless of whether you are presently in the United States unlawfully or just want to visit. It’s not simple to resolve your immigration issues on your own.

  • Categories of Visas in the United States
  • Status of Illegality and Bar to Re-entry
  • Find a US Visa Attorney in St. Charles, MO

Allow our team of immigration attorneys to handle it. Having a US Visa attorney in St Charles, MO on your side will save you time and money in the long run.

Categories of Visas in the United States

In the United States, there are two categories of visas: tourist and business. Nonimmigrant visa and immigrant visa.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are provided by the United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) to those who desire to live in the United States permanently. Most immigrants who are given an immigration visa ultimately get a Green Card.

US Visa attorney in St Charles, MO

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas are granted to foreign people who want to visit the United States for a number of purposes. Non-immigrant visas include tourist visas, student visas, and various employment-based visas.

Visitor Visas

A more popular type of non-immigrant Visa is the visitor visa. There are two types: B-1 and B-2 Visas.

  • B1 visa is the visa which allows you to enter the US for business purposes with a company located in the US.
  • B2 visa, on the other hand, is for leisure. With a B2 Visa, you can tour the US or visit family and friends.

B1 and B2 Visa holders can stay in the US for a maximum of 180 days each visit.

Getting a New Visa

Since many visas have time limits, our St. Charles immigration lawyers often get asked: “Can I extend or renew my visa?”

“It depends” is the most common response. Depending on the kind of visa, there are several requirements for renewing a visa’s status. In certain cases, visas may be extended for a duration of 2-3 years, while others require you to leave the country for some length before reapplying.

Violation of Your Visa Terms

Overstaying one’s visa is the most common way to get illegal status in the United States. You risk deportation, at the very least. Worse, you may be denied re-entry into the United States if you have overstayed your visa. If you wish to remain legal and eligible for a visa renewal, you must know when your current visa expires. If you are working with an immigration attorney, you should begin the process of renewing your visa around six months before the expiry date. It is best to begin the process of renewing your visa sooner rather than later.

How is a green card different from a visa?

A green card is a type of visa that allows lawful permanent resident status. With a green card, a non-citizen may establish they are a permanent resident of the US and have been allowed certain rights, like living and working. A green card holder may also apply for a social security number, receive a driver’s license, attend public schools and colleges, and join the military.

However, they are not eligible to vote in any US election, nor run for public office. Only U.S. Citizens have the right to vote. Unless married to a US citizen spouse, a person must hold a green card for at least five years before filing for citizenship.

How can a St. Charles visa attorney help?

Gateway Immigration Law Firm assists clients in obtaining green cards. Sponsorship is available to US residents, minor children, adult children, parents, and siblings, but not to LPRs. There are different employment-based green cards for different groups that include multinational executives, scholars, skilled workers, special category workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Because certain categories only award a limited number of green cards each year, completing your application properly and providing accurate information is critical to receiving a green card. Our US Visa attorneys know what it takes to ensure your personal story and information are properly considered.

Status of Illegality & Bar to Re-entry

Once you enter the US illegally, you’re already considered unlawful status. As a result, if you’ve overstayed your visa, call an immigration lawyer in St. Charles, Missouri immediately. Our legal team may be able to assist you in reducing the negative effects.

If you’ve been in the country illegally for less than six months, you may face a three-year ban from re-entering the US. Those who have been in the country illegally for more than six months face a 10-year ban. Provisional waivers of illegal status may be available in particular instances.

You’ll have a better chance of getting an immigration waiver if you consult with an immigration attorney.

Adjustment of Status in Missouri

Changing your status from nonimmigrant to immigrant is a frequent procedure for those in the United States on a temporary basis. If the necessary conditions are met, certain nonimmigrant visas may be converted into immigrant visas. However, for certain visas, you must return to your place of origin if you want to change your status in the United States. Before seeking to change your immigration status, you should speak with an immigration attorney.

Citizenship and Naturalization

Obtaining citizenship in the US is not impossible. . However, Illegal aliens or those in the country unlawfully may run into difficulties. At Gateway Immigration Law Firm, our naturalization attorneys will determine if you are eligible for citizenship and help you in completing your application for citizenship, if you do qualify.

Get in Touch with a Missouri Visa Attorney!

Immigration services to those who dream of going to the US is our business at Gateway Immigration Law Firm. Our Missouri immigration attorneys can assist you in your quest to live permanently in the United States. Call us immediately to talk with an immigration attorney in Missouri about your individual circumstances. Unless we feel we can assist you, we never charge for an initial immigration consultation.

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Popup form

Get Your Free Copy

[gravityform id="7" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]