Marriage and Fiancé Visas

Marriage and Fiance Visa Attorneys in St. Charles, MO

US citizens living in St. Charles who want to bring in their foreign fiances and wives, international students who have fallen in love with a U.S. citizen while studying on a J-1 or F-1 student visa, and married couples who want to become lawful permanent residents are some of our clients in St. Charles, Missouri.

  • Visa Attorneys in St. Charles, MO
  • The United States Visa Application Procedure
  • Overstaying Your Visa
  • Get Yourself a Visa Lawyer Now to Guide You

Whether you’re a resident of the United States or a non-citizen looking to immigrate to the US, our St. Charles immigration attorneys can help you.

The United States Visa Application Procedure

Immigrants and tourists visiting the United States may apply for a wide variety of visas. Our immigration law business helps clients from Missouri and across the globe choose the visa that best suits their needs and then assist them in completing the required paperwork to be eligible.

A knowledgeable, experienced, and reasonably priced immigration attorney in St. Charles can help you regardless of whether you are in the country illegally or want to come for a visit. Immigrating on one’s own may be a complex process. Give us a call, and we’ll take care of it for you. Having our immigration attorneys on your side means you’ll spend less time and money processing your visa application.

What is a Marriage Visa?

A spouse of a U.S. citizen or legal resident may apply for a marriage Visa to enter the United States and live with their new spouse. Marriage visas are divided into two categories: singles and couples—the CR1 and the IR1 Marriage Visas, respectively. Below are the requirements for a marriage visa:

  • A valid passport
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Application for Immigrant visa and Alien registration
  • Two 2×2″ photographs
  • Completed medical examination forms
  • Birth Certificate
  • Court and prison record
  • Military records
  • Police certificates
If you need help getting any of the required document for your marriage visa, call our St. Charles fiance visa attorneys today.

What Is A Fiancee Visa Permit?

One of the most common types of visas granted to foreign nationals engaged to be married in the United States is the K1 Fiancée Visa (also known as a K1 Visa or Fiance Visa). The fiancée must wed her sponsor (also known as the petitioner) in the United States within ninety days of her arrival. To lawfully bring your fiancé into the United States, a K1 visa may be the best and quickest alternative for a U.S. citizen.

Here are the requirements for a K1 visa:

  • All pertinent visa applications, including two nonimmigrant visa applications: one nonimmigrant fiancé visa application and an application for an immigrant visa and alien registration.
  • A passport
  • Divorce or death certificates of any previous marriages for both parties
  • Medical examination papers
  • Proof that you can financially support yourself or an affidavit of support may have to be filed by the U.S. citizen
  • Evidence of relationship with U.S. citizen fiancé
  • Two passport-style photos
Need help with your fiance visa application? Our experienced fiance visa attorneys in serving St. Charles and surrounding MO can help you prepare your paperwork and get legal status today! Fill out the form to contact Gateway Immigration Law Firm now.

How are U.S. visas classified?

In the United States, there usually are two types of visas: tourist and work visas.

To permanently settle in the United States, immigrants must obtain an immigrant visa provided by the United States Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS) and other government organizations. Immigrants who get an immigration visa are almost always given a Green Card.

The purpose of a nonimmigrant visa is to allow visitors from outside the United States to enter the country temporarily. Nonimmigrant visas include travel visas, student visas, and numerous work visas.
Business or pleasure visitors may apply for B-1, and B-2 visas, sometimes referred to as “visitor visas.” Six months to a year is the typical length of time a nonimmigrant visa is given for this sort of visa.

Overstaying Your Visa

Most people who accumulate unlawful status in the United States do so by overstaying their visas. Overstaying your visa is a serious immigration violation that can get you barred from re-entering the United States. If you want to stay legal and remain eligible to renew your visa, you need to know the expiration date. If you’re going to renew your visa, you should start the process about six months before the expiration date if you work with an immigration attorney. If you are renewing your visa on your own, you should start working on the process earlier.

Extending your Visa

Frequently, our immigration lawyers are asked, “Can I extend or renew my visa?” since many visas have time limits. It all depends on the situation. Each visa has its own set of requirements for extending a visa’s validity period. While some visas may be renewed after a two- to three-year hiatus, others need a period of absence from the country before you can make a new application.

Disqualification from Re-Entry as a Person with an Illegal Status

On the first day of your illegal stay in the United States, you begin to accrue unlawful status. Call one of our immigration lawyers in Missouri immediately if you have overstayed your visa. You are here illegally. As a last resort, we may be of assistance.

If you’ve been in the country illegally for less than six months, you may face a three-year ban on re-entering the country. If you’ve been in the country illegally for more than six months, you might face a 10-year ban on coming back. you may temporarily lift your illegal status under certain circumstances. If this is the case, you will be granted a temporary waiver.

Immigration waivers are covered in more detail in a separate area of our website, but if you’re dealing with an experienced immigration attorney, you’re more likely to succeed.

Changing Your Visa Status

Changing your status from nonimmigrant to immigrant is a frequent procedure for foreign nationals in the United States. If the necessary conditions are met, you may convert certain nonimmigrant visas into immigrant visas. It is possible to modify your status in the United States in certain situations, but it is not feasible for all visas. You may learn more about changing your status on this page, but it is typically a good idea to speak with an experienced immigration lawyer first.

Get Yourself A Visa Lawyer Now to Guide You!

The visas listed above only represent the most common nonimmigrant types of visas in the United States, but there are many others. If you do not see the visa that you need help with listed above, don’t worry, our immigration attorneys can still help you.

Give us a call today and speak to Missouri immigration attorneys from Gateway Immigration Law Firm about your specific situation. The initial immigration consultation is free, and there is never a charge unless we believe that we can help you.

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Popup form

Get Your Free Copy

[gravityform id="7" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]