Frequently Asked Questions about Bankruptcy

Answers from an Experienced Bankruptcy Attorney

At Gateway Immigration Law Firm, we understand that the immigration process can be overwhelming. For most people immigrating to the United States is a step closer to their ideal future. It allows them to reach their dreams or be reunited with their loved ones.

[accordions id="3411"]


What is a green card?

A “green card’ is issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for those with lawful permanent resident status in the United States. This is proof that you’re authorized to live and work in the U.S., and you’re qualified to apply for citizenship after three or five years.

What is the difference between a marriage visa and a fiance visa?

A marriage green card or visa is available for spouses of Green Card holders and U.S. citizens and provides permanent residence. On the other hand, a fiance or K-1 visa is a temporary visa available to the fiances of U.S. citizens. Once they enter the country, they should get married within 90 days.

I am a Green Card holder. How long can I stay outside of the country?

If you’re a green card holder, you must not stay outside of the United States for more than one year without receiving approval from USCIS. Otherwise, you could lose your green card. Staying outside of the United States for more than six months can also affect your continuous residency required for naturalization.

When should I hire an immigration attorney?

If you’re an immigrant, it is essential to consult an attorney in all stages of the immigration process. It may seem like the application process is simple, but it can be tricky. You’d need the help of a reliable immigration lawyer to help you successfully fill out necessary immigration forms and answer the questions correctly.

I am worried about being deported.

Are you at risk of being deported from the United States? Our St. Charles immigration lawyers can help you stop the deportation process.

Call an Experienced St. Louis Bankruptcy Attorney today for a free consultation

If you are in financial trouble and are considering bankruptcy, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney today. Westbrook Law Group will provide you with an honest and well-informed analysis of your current situation and can advise you how to best proceed. We offer free consultations and evening and weekend appointments are available. To schedule an appointment, call us today at (636)-493-9231 or through our online contact form here.

No Case is Too Difficult for Our Missouri Immigration Attorneys​

Gateway Immigration Law Firm is dedicated to helping immigrants with their legal concerns. We provide a comprehensive range of immigration legal services, and our experienced immigration attorneys have the experience and dedication to help you with your immigration concerns.

We understand that each case is unique. That is why we provide highly-personalized legal assistance to each of our clients. At Gateway Immigration Law Firm, you can rest assured that our legal team will do everything to provide you with the quality of service you deserve.

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Which immigration concern can we help you with?

  • I want to qualify for legal status
  • I am facing deportation
  • I am marrying an immigrant
  • I want to bring my loved ones to the U.S.
  • Other immigration concerns

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Popup form

Get Your Free Copy

[gravityform id="7" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]