Green Card Attorney in St. Charles, Missouri
Like any other state, the U.S. also gives an avenue for entry to rich people who will pump funds into its economic development. However, getting in is not as easy as buying a ticket. If you are considering applying for a green card through investment, the process can be time-consuming and confusing. Thus, to have a straightforward application, contacting an experienced green card attorney would help to have a straightforward application.
Gateway Immigration Law Firm is committed to meeting your immigration dreams and goals. Because of our experience, we thoroughly understand the complicated immigration process in the United States. We understand that every case is unique, that’s why our primary goal is to provide personalized legal assistance. We tailor our services to your specific needs. Get a consultation now if you necessitate prudent assistance!
Why do I need a Green Card Attorney in Missouri?
Choosing the best immigration attorney may sound easy, but it is not. As you apply for a green card as an investor, it is crucial to choose someone who is an expert in the application process. That is why evaluating a law firm’s background is a must. Below are the great qualities of an immigration lawyer.
- Dedicated – Every petitioner deserves a dedicated lawyer who is eager to assist you in submitting the necessary requirements. The application’s processing times are extremely long. Choose someone willing to go to any length to provide you with a remedy.
- Gives Personalized Legal Assistance – Every immigration concern is unique. Many immigration attorneys practice immigration law, but only a few can meet your needs. Hire the best immigration lawyer that provides personalized legal assistance.
- Experienced in Immigration – Many people are still confused between a lawyer who is experienced in immigration and a lawyer who practices law. To make sure that you are working with an expert immigration attorney, choose someone who provides a comprehensive range of immigration legal services.
Green Card for Immigrant Investors
The immigration laws in the US allow every alien who is an employed-based immigrant to obtain legal permanent resident status. Employment-based immigration entails noncitizens who are in the process of investing $1,050,000 or at least $800,000 in a commercial enterprise that will help sustain the US economy and create a minimum of 10 full-time jobs for qualified job applicants. These noncitizens are sometimes called “EB-5 immigrant investors” since they belong to the fifth category of employment-based immigrants.
Why Pursue a Green Card in the U.S.?
Green cards can allow certain immigrants to work and reside in the United States. There are several ways to get a green card, and Gateway Immigration Law Firm can definitely help you choose the best possible option. Our legal team will work with you directly, and educate you as much as we can throughout the entire green card application process.
In obtaining a green card, there are few methods that we can explore
- Family member sponsor
- Domestic violence victim
- Certain crimes victim
- Humanitarian programs
- Refugee status
- Asylum status
Key Features of an Investment-Based Green Card
Below are the benefits and limitations of an investment-based green card:
- So long as you have the funds to invest and can prove that you are currently in the process of investing them in a profitable business, you no longer need to have any particular business seminar training or experience. Furthermore, investors from any state around the world are welcome to process an application, although immigration authorities are very cautious about fraud from selected states.
- Initially, your green card will be deemed conditional. It will have an expiration date. An expired green card has no legal effect, thus, you would need to renew it and make it permanent.
- You can invest your money anywhere in the United States for business purposes as long as you maintain your investment in order to convert your green card to a permanent one.
- After getting your permanent green card, you can legally work with another company.
- You must be a resident of the United States to get a green card. You cannot obtain one for your travel and work purposes only.
- Your unmarried children under 21 years of age as well as your spouse, can obtain green cards as accompanying relatives.
- Every green card can be revoked if you misuse it. For instance, you stayed outside of the US for quite long, committed a crime, or failed to inform the immigration authorities to change your address. If you retain your green card for at least five years in the US, you are allowed to apply for US citizenship.
Eligibility for Adjustment of Status
If you currently residing in the US and want to be eligible for a green card as an EB-5 immigrant investor, it is imperative to have the following:
- You filed Form I-485 properly;
- You were admitted or inspected and paroled into the United States;
- You are present in the United States physically when you filed your Form I-485;
- You are qualified to get immigrant visa according to the approved Form I-526;
- An immigrant visa is readily available to you when you filed your Form I-485 and when the USCIS makes the final decision on your petition;
- No applicable constraint to status adjustment may apply to you;
- You are deemed admissible to the US for legal permanent residence or qualified for a waiver of inadmissibility; and
- The USCIS decided in your favor.
Call our Missouri Green Card Attorney Now!
There are many jargons mentioned in this article that may not seem familiar to you. If this is your first time applying for a green card as an investor, contacting the best immigration lawyer is a must. Gateway Immigration Law Firm is always available to help you and your family achieve your immigration goals.
If you require dedicated and personalized legal assistance from an immigration firm that offers a full range of immigration legal services, our experienced immigration lawyers are always available to assist. You can surely rely on us to assist you effectively in achieving positive outcomes. Other than immigration, we also practice family law and criminal defense. Schedule a consultation today!