Green Card for Children

Child Immigration Attorney in St. Charles, Missouri

Green cards allow their holders to live and work in the United States permanently. Suppose a child is living outside of the United States or residing in the United States unlawfully. In that case, a U.S. citizen parent may petition for residency so the child can obtain a green card. 

A St. Charles immigration attorney with the resources, expertise, and experience necessary to get a green card is essential. At Gateway Immigration Law Firm, we take the time to get to know you, your story, and your challenges on a personal level.

We achieve excellent outcomes for our clients through our legal expertise and commitment.

Set up a meeting with our Missouri legal professionals at Gateway Immigration Law Firm to talk about your concerns about immigration.

Why do I need a child immigration attorney in St. Charles, MO?

Getting a green card can be a long and complicated process. There are many steps to undertake, documents to gather, and deadlines to note. Seeking help from someone who can stay on top of these processes is the smart move.We understand how important it is for families to be together. A good attorney takes note of your specific circumstances and informs you of any inadmissibility that you may be subject. Moreover, they also explain the options available for you to take. Additionally, a skilled lawyer ensures that your needs are addressed adequately. They will also let you know of the benefits that you can be entitled to throughout your immigration journey.  In cases such as child immigration, it is esential that you get the best course of action for you and your child. Although immigration rules in the United States may be among the most complicated and difficult to understand due to various restrictions and bureaucratic hurdles, it is not impossible to overcome. It’s easy to give up hope while dealing with the interminable lines and the amount of paperwork. But, an experienced St. Charles immigration attorney at Gateway Immigration Law Firm can simplify things and transform everything. Let us help you and your family in your immigration journey!Gateway Immigration Law Firm is also ready to give you legal assistance with any of the following concerns about immigration:

What is Green Card Through Marriage? What is immigration?

green card for children“Immigration” refers to the act of coming to another country to reside there permanently – in this case, the United States. It involves receiving and processing applications for legal residency, asylum, and naturalization by non-citizens.

Immigration law is governed by federal statutes, regulations, and case law (precedents set by prior court decisions). The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) governs most aspects of immigration law.

Missouri has a small number of immigrants, but that number is growing. About 4% of the people who live in the state were born in another country, and another 4% were born in the United States but have at least one immigrant parent. This group also supports Missouri’s service industries and make up 25 percent of the people who work in the life, physical, and social sciences. 

Trying to figure out where to begin with your immigration case and confused with all the legal terminology and technological difficulties? Don’t worry! Ease your concerns and bring your legal matter to Gateway Immigration Law Firm. We will assist you in developing a strategy for moving forward. 

Who is qualified for a Green Card for Children?

If you are a citizen of another country and want to move to the United States with your children, you may be able to apply for a “green card” for each of them. Becoming a citizen can be complicated, but there are many benefits, including being able to vote, getting back together with your family, and feeling safe knowing you can stay in America permanently.

If you are a green card holder, you can file a petition for your unmarried children under 21 who have not yet entered into a legally binding marriage. 

A person can be eligible for a green card if they are the child of a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.  

  1. For the child of a US citizen, the child can be:
    • Less than 21 years old (immediate relative);
    • Above the age of 21 but has not married yet (family first preference category); 
    • Or, married. 
  2. For the child of a Lawful Permanent Resident, the child can be: 
    • Under the age of 21 and unmarried (family second 2A preference);
    • Or, above the age of 21 but not yet married, is divorced, is a widow/widower, or is annulled (family second 2B preference).

The two most common types of green card sponsorship are family-based and employment-based.

Employment-Based Sponsorships

If you are an employer, there is a chance that you may be able to sponsor a green card for your employee. The requirements for this type of visa are as follows:

  • An approved Labor Certification Application (LCA) must be filed by the employer with the Department of Labor (DOL) and approved by that department before submitting an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140).
  • You must have entered into a written contract with the employee before filing Form I-140, which specifies the terms and conditions under which you will employ him or her, including wages offered.

When it comes to immigration based on a job, there are several different educational and skill criteria. When educational or technical standards are raised, immigration becomes less of a challenge. It’s possible that immigrants with less education may confront more challenges than those with more. 

The processing time for petitions related to employment is often shorter, although both the immigrant and the employer are required to submit papers.

Family-Based Sponsorship

Sponsorship based on family is a great way to bring families back together. If you are a US citizen or permanent resident and you want to sponsor family members who live outside the US, you must meet several requirements: 

  • A foreign national must have an immediate relative in the United States who is either a citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident in order to be eligible to apply for an IV. 
  • This relative must also be at least 21 years old (that is, a green-card holder).

Those who are already citizens or permanent residents of the United States may sponsor relatives for green cards. To qualify as a family preference relative or an immediate relative, a sponsored family member must be related to the sponsoring family member in one of two ways.

Permanent residents have the right to live anywhere in the United States, but only those who have been granted a green card legally are allowed to apply for citizenship when the time comes.  

Call our child immigration attorney Now!

A green card is an essential part of the American dream, and we’re here to help you achieve it for your family. If you or a loved one are in need of assistance, we are here to help you determine your eligibility and guidie you through the procedure. 

We understand how strenuous the procedure might be but you can count on us to lead you in an efficient direction that will result in a favorable settlement.

At Gateway Immigration Law Firm, we have experience in the field of over 15 years. We will assist you through each stage of the immigration procedure, and simplify what seems to be a confusing ordeal. If you need help with the green card process, citizenship, or anything else related to immigration in Missouri, our team of skilled attorneys is ready to be of service!

Let our immigration attorneys help you!

Popup form

Get Your Free Copy

[gravityform id="7" title="false" description="false" ajax="true"]